Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Government Relations Officer position. Reporting directly to the President, the Government Relations Officer provides leadership in the development and implementation of legislative and governmental relations strategies that align with and advance the College's mission, strategic direction, and key institutional priorities. This position monitors, analyzes, and interprets government policies, and evaluates the potential impact to the College's operations while collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the College's public policy interests are being promoted in a strategic and comprehensive manner.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
College-paid life and disability insurance
College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor's degree in political science, communications, public relations, public administration, public policy, or a related field. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• A minimum of seven (7) years' experience in governmental relations, public relations or a closely related field required.
• Related experience at a senior leadership level required.
• Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills required.
• Knowledge of local, state, and federal legislative and executive processes; public affairs principles and practices required.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities required.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
• Ability to travel, as needed, required.
• Ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels within the College required.
• Ability to effectively communicate and influence elected officials, policymakers, agency heads, program managers, and external stakeholders required.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.
• Master's degree in a related field preferred.
• Related experience at a senior leadership level within higher education preferred.
• Strong appreciation and understanding of the mission and role of community colleges preferred.
Internal Number: 121563407
About Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.