• Represents PCAR with representatives of government, business, labor, and other organizations,
delivers speeches, and meets with legislative representatives to present organization’s viewpoints.
• Provides support and guidance about messaging to staff and consultants at PCAR, NSVRC, and
RALIANCE, as well as to other professionals working in the sexual assault and prevention arenas.
• Provides leadership in agency strategic planning processes, especially related to branding, identity,
and business development goals.
Corporate Partnerships, Public Relations and Development
• Increases and safeguards the visibility and credibility of PCAR and provides leadership in areas of
• Identifies, engages, cultivates, solicits and stewards current and prospective corporate sponsors to
expand their financial support of the work of PCAR’s state and national projects.
• Serves as one of primary external spokespeople for NSVRC and the PA Coalition, with particular
emphasis on high profile news stories and major news outlets.
• Comfortable with all types of interviews including live, taped, written, and telephone.
• Assists sexual assault programs in responding effectively to high-profile situations.
• Provides strategic vision and leadership to develop legislative priorities for state policy advocacy in
coordination with Public Policy Director.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Communications, Public Relations, Government Relations,
or similar area from a four-year college or university plus five years related experience and/or training
in communications. This position requires strong relationship-building and communication skills.
About Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape PCAR
The mission of the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape is to work to eliminate all forms of sexual violence and to advocate for the rights and needs of victims of sexual assault.
Founded in 1975, PCAR works to end sexual violence and advocates for the rights and needs of all sexual assault victims. PCAR partners with a network of rape crisis programs to bring help, hope, and healing around issues of sexual violence to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. PCAR:
Ensures that communities have access to quality victim services and prevention education by providing funding, training, materials and assistance to a network of rape crisis centers that serve all of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties.
Provides resources and training on sexual assault-related issues to professionals across the Commonwealth.
Promotes public policies that provide protections and services to victims of sexual violence, hold offenders accountable, and enhance community safety.
Launched the Sexual Violence Legal Assistance Project in 2018 to provide holistic legal services to survivors of sexual violence.
Works with media to increase public awareness, access to accurate information, and ethical ...reporting practices.
Operates the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC), which identifies, develops and disseminates resources regarding all aspects of sexual violence prevention and intervention. The NSVRC also is a partner in a collaborative effort with the National Alliance to End Sexual Violence (NAESV), and the California Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CALCASA)–PreventConnect to operate Raliance. Raliance was founded in 2015 through a multimillion dollar seed investment by the National Football League with a mission of ending sexual violence in one generation. Raliance promotes prevention by awarding grants, advancing research, policymaking, and more.
Operated AEquitas: The Prosecutor’s Resource on Violence Against Women from 2009 until the organization became an independent 501(c)(3) on October 1, 2015. PCAR founded AEquitas and was responsible for its financial management while AEquitas project staff implemented training, case consultation, technical assistance and the development of practical resources for prosecutors and justice professionals around the world. PCAR and AEquitas will continue to work closely together as collaborative partners to help identify emerging issues and strategies that could affect investigations and prosecutions of sexual violence and related cases.