The North Carolina Sheriffs’ Association is a non-profit organization that represents the 100 Sheriffs of North Carolina and their personnel. We are looking for a team member who is very detail-oriented and who can multi-task in a very fast paced, busy office. We are also looking for someone with a sincere commitment to excellence and the success of the Association, as well as respect for the constitutional office of Sheriff and the persons holding the Office.
The Administrative Assistant – Logistics is responsible for providing administrative support to the Training Manager. This is accomplished by implementing a detailed approach to project management, process documentation, written communications, training and event planning, and performing clerical functions.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
Email and Correspondence
- Draft emails and correspondence on behalf of the Training Manager
- Edits and sends email notices for Association conferences and training events
Training and Events
- Assists the Training Manager in the logistical planning of the Association’s Annual Training Conference, Spring and Fall Meetings, Sheriffs’ Leadership Institute, Legislative Day, the Governor’s Highway Safety Program, and regional training events
- Assists the Training Manager in compiling Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) and facility contracts
- Assists the Training Manager with preparations of materials for the Sheriff’s Leadership Institute
- Drafts and publishes online event registrations for association conferences, events, and training classes
- Prepares materials, compiles resource materials, notebooks, and information packets for assigned meetings
- Recommends changes and enhancements to improve event quality and customer satisfaction
- Sets-Up meetings and prepares meeting rooms including basic AV equipment set-up
- Assists the Training Manager in gathering information/notes from meetings
- Coordinates with the Senior Business Development Coordinator with Corporate Partner and Sponsor payments through the NCSA’s online payment system
- Coordinates with the Senior Business Development Coordinator to ensure all conference signage is manufactured on time and is correct; ensures conference manuals are correct with advertisements and Corporate Partner/Sponsor logos
- Works with accounting, Training Manager, and Administrative Assistant – Training to ensure conference receipts and reimbursements, other than trainer-related expenses, for all conferences and training events are maintained and filed appropriately
- Travels to and works onsite at association meetings and conferences, assisting with event logistics
- Provides back-up support to the Administrative Assistant – Government Relations and Legal to type, send, and post the Association’s Weekly Legislative Report
- Assists as needed to transcribe emails, letters, and other documents for the Executive Vice President and General Counsel and Training Manager
- Responsible for organization and replenishment of supplies for the portable office and name tag machine
- Drafts and orders awards and plaques for the Annual Training Conference and Sheriff’s Leadership Institute
- Responsible for the oversight of the Association’s trailer and trailer keys
- Develops a “template” for training other staff members with using online event management software
- Provides administrative support for the Association’s Scholarship Program
- Assists co-workers as necessary and performs additional duties as assigned
- Maintains Notary Public Certification
Supplemental Information: The work is typically performed in an office while sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects, weighing up to 20 pounds.
The North Carolina Sheriffs’ Association is located in downtown Raleigh.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume, 3 references, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Your application MUST specify that you are applying for the Administrative Assistant – Logistics position, as we are currently advertising for other positions as well. Resumes will not be accepted in-person. No telephone calls or agencies, please.