The ideal candidate will be a strategic, collaborative, bold, and innovative leader who naturally creates a team environment with staff and the Board of Directors. A proven skill set as a clear and transparent communicator; being organized and thorough in preparation, and an excellent example and mentor to staff within the agency and Citywide are essential. The successful incumbent will have the ability to listen, observe and read between the lines in discussion and negotiations. Working in a unique and diverse environment, this position requires a record of accomplishment collaborating with leadership to strategize and prioritize projects, programs, and issues, a passion and compassion for people with disabilities, and knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the paratransit industry.
The ideal candidate will possess the following strengths and abilities:
• A strategic and ‘out of the box’ thinker.
• A ‘bridge-builder’ able to create and grow positive business relationships.
• A relentless communicator who recognizes the value of partnering with a supportive Board of Directors, encouraging staff input and feedback and fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion.
• A willingness to assess the status quo, research the industry globally, communicate findings to the Board and work with management and staff to implement best practices as directed.
• Build a five-year plan based on short and long-term needs and goals.
• Be ‘tech-savvy’. Study and communicate current technology advances to move the organization to the next level.
• Be an active listener.
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA, BS) from a four-year college or university in Government Communications or Business Administration.
• Minimum of ten to fifteen years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong financial, fiscal and business acumen.
The final filing date for this position is Monday, April 24, 2017. To be considered, please submit your cover letter with current salary, resume and a list of six (6) professional references (who will not be contacted in the early stages of the recruitment). Resumes should reflect years and months of positions held as well as the size of staff and budgets you have managed. Forward your resume to Frank Rojas, CPS HR CONSULTING, 916-471-3111, E-mail: email@example.com; Website: www.cpshr.us/search