ASU Enterprise Partners – Sun Devil Athletics – Director of Major Gifts Athletics
What we do:
ASU Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Who we are:
Our team is varied – fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers – and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible -- no matter from where one comes -- and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at https://www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers/benefits.
Partner Description: ASU Foundation
The ASU Foundation is a private non-profit organization that identifies, encourages and engages private supporters to advance the success of Arizona State University as a New American University.
The foundation works with donors to determine their motivations and aspirations and matches those passions with investment opportunities at ASU.
We especially welcome candidates who are eager to apply best practices in fundraising towards cultivating a culture of philanthropy throughout the ASU community.
Role summary: Under the direction of the Assistant Athletic Director, Major Gifts, the director will perform work of considerable difficulty in implementing and coordinating comprehensive fundraising programs established for identifying, cultivating and soliciting annual, major and planned gifts, in conjunction with the objectives and strategies of ASUF and the University Development Office. The director will identify and establish rapport with prospective donors in solicitation of major gifts.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a portfolio of 150 major gift ($25,000+) prospective donors, with independent responsibility to develop and execute strategies leading to successful solicitation - prospect base will be primarily located in Arizona
- Implement and coordinate a comprehensive fundraising program established for identifying, cultivating and soliciting annual, major and planned gifts/donations for the Sun Devil Club (SDC) in cooperation with the objectives and strategies of ASUF and the University Development Office
- Work closely with the Assistant Athletic Director, Major Gifts to develop and implement major gifts programs for designated units/departments and centers within SDC as part of Campaign ASU 2020
- Work closely with the Senior Associate Athletic Director and Assistant Athletic Director, Major Gifts in raising funds for the athletics campaign
- Work closely with administration to identify and prioritize funding opportunities within SDC
- Establish a resource network in the community to identify and cultivate donor prospects, including working with volunteers, faculty, and development staff to identify ability, and interest areas of major gift prospects
- Foster an environment for successful fundraising in SDC by providing on-going information for athletic leadership and administration regarding fundraising initiatives and by preparing coaches and administrators to participate effectively in cultivation and solicitation activities
- Implement and maintain programs to encourage increased activity and more productive relationships with SDC and their members
- Develop, plan, and supervise the production of materials used to communicate with fundraising related constituencies
- Work legislative relations, economic development relations and with corporate government relations representatives for matters related to the SDC when designated by the Division of University Relations to do so
- Plan and stage arrangements for fundraising events for SDC, to include but not limited to, dedications and special receptions, as assigned
- Work on the recruitment, organization and training of volunteers to raise funds on behalf of SDC
- Coordinate special projects as assigned
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
- Work with sports and coaches to implement a sport specific fundraising program
- Responsible for 180+ face-to-face visits each year and 30 proposals of $25,000+ a year