The primary purpose of this position is the development and leadership of strategies to inform and influence government relations and public policy at the municipal, state, provincial, federal and international levels on issues and in the interest of Devry Education Group institutions and students. This position will lead DeVry Group's public policy and advocacy strategy and organization. In addition, this leader is responsible for monitoring legislation and public policy issues and proposals, designing and presenting legislative initiatives and solutions, and developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders including elected officials, executive and legislative staff.
- Researches, monitors and analyzes key legislative and public policy issues that may impact DeVry Group institutions and students. Determines necessary actions and public policy strategic direction and recommendations. Serves as advisor to DVG senior leadership on issues related to government and public policy.
- Maintains relationships with key elected officials and staff, including advocating on issues of importance to DVG. Plans and executes legislative outreach activities, including Hill days, and public affairs platform at the federal and state level, D.C. and home state initiatives.
- Leads Government Affairs function, including civic and community relations. Directs and manages all external government relations consultants.
- Serves as a senior member of the External Relations and Regulatory Affairs team.
- Establishes relationships with and represents DVG with appropriate organizations and coalitions, including Washington , D.C. associations, ACE, U.S. Chamber and applicable state groups to aid and foster government relations activities.
- Provide consultative and government affairs and advocacy guidance to all school groups regarding institutional and programmatic accreditation, emerging and on-going domestic and international issues.
- Conducts or directs research related to education policy in support of public positions or governmental initiatives.
- Leads DeVry Education Group's community relations strategy, corporate contributions funding and colleague engagement programs, including Foundation Board engagement and volunteer activities.
- Manages the DeVry Education Group PAC to ensure compliance with all state and federal rules and regulations, colleague PAC match program and PAC contributor communications.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred.
- Minimum ten years progressive experience in government relations, public policy.
- Deep understanding of education legislation and regulation, knowledge of research principles, accreditation, state licensing.
- Ability to work independently and establish effective working relationships.
- Collaborative, highly capable ambassador for DVG, representing DVG standards, practices, policies and protocols to a variety of influencers and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills- verbal and written.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-past environment.
- Ability to assemble, correlate and analyze facts and information quickly for distribution inside and outside the organization.
- Strong leadership and management skills; ability to build and lead a government affairs strategy and functional team.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.