The Director of Government Relations leads the Institute's efforts to promote the visibility of Pratt and its faculty with federal, state and local government agencies, to build relationships with these agencies, and to obtain funding from them, both for the support projects that align with the Institute's strategic priorities, and for faculty-initiated projects.
The Director is expected to exercise initiative and independent judgment in devising and implementing a strategy for government relations, even as she or he functions as part of a cohesive team in the Provost's office.
Function as primary administrator for Institutional Advancement's Raiser's Edge database, with responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Reporting: Utilize Crystal Reports and The Raiser's Edge database 'Query', 'Export' and 'Report' functions to assist in the fulfillment of data requests made by Institutional Advancement staff. Provide support for financial and capital campaign reports for senior-level staff. Develop and provide data analytics to the Director and VP to measure the division's success and areas for improvement.
- Database technology: Update and upgrade The Raiser's Edge database as required, including but not limited to version updates, online giving modules, document management modules, remote access modules, prospect management modules, and database plug-in solutions. Maintain backup of data from The Raiser's Edge database, both locally and server-side.
- Data integrity & enrichment: Perform advanced maintenance and cleanup of database records to maintain The Raiser's Edge. Conduct data enrichment activities such as electronic prospect screenings, NCOA/address updates and related data services. Oversee additional data entry and related reports and paperwork as required.
- Systems integration: Oversee the import and export of data between The Raiser's Edge and other institutional data systems; liaise with the Registrar's Office and Institutional Research to manage imports of relevant information (primarily parent and student data).
- Policy development: Participate in the establishment, maintenance and documentation of best practices in Raiser's Edge and ResearchPoint databases. Train new and existing Institutional Advancement staff in the use of best practices in The Raiser's Edge database.
Oversee all gift data entry and preparation of related reports and paperwork, including but not limited to:
- Gift entry and reconciliation: Oversee the recording and reconciliation of gift revenues.
- Liaising with Finance and Administration regarding gift, revenue and related items, including scholarships.
- Receipts and acknowledgments: Oversee the production of gift receipts and acknowledgment letters through Raiser's Edge: Export and Raiser's Edge: Mail.
Administer Blackbaud NetCommunity:
- Create and manage online giving pages
- Configure back-end logistics for event registration and information-gathering forms using NetCommunity.
- Manage email lists for departmental needs.
- Report on email communications as needed.
Other related duties:
- Perform additional data entry and prepare related reports and paperwork as required.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Master's degree in related field preferred.
Experience: Strongly prefer four years of relevant experience, preferably in a fundraising and/or information technology field, including a minimum of two years of experience with The Raiser's Edge or relational database required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have proficiency using Microsoft Excel and The Raiser's Edge or other relational database. Experience in Crystal Reports a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple tasks independently and concurrently.
- Ability to relate effectively with senior management, with peers and others.
- Willingness to perform tasks necessary to meet deadlines and manage expectations.
- Possess initiative to constantly seek ways to improve department results.
- Familiarity with CASE standards for advancement services.
- Intercultural competence; ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please submit your cover letter, resume including salary history and requirements, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE