| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Under the direction of the Associate Dean and Executive Director, oversees the strategic direction and delivery of a broad array of gainful customized non-credit professional development programs offered by the School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS); establishes and manages relationships with industry and government organizations to identify and meet needs for customized professional development, training, and coaching; manages the business development of these activities to fulfil revenue targets; leads the implementation, growth and quality of this programming as measured with evaluations by participants and sponsoring organizations; leads efforts to grow and sustain program enrollment through agreements with corporate and government organizations and/or engagement of individual participants and groups.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for developing and delivering highly effective and financially successful public and customized non-credit professional development programs that enhance SEAS relationships with industry and government organizations, lead to growth for SEAS Graduate and Professional Education, and generate revenue for the School.
- Leads and manages the growth, implementation, quality, and continuous improvement of customized non-credit programs, training, coaching, consulting, and other programs delivered both face-to-face and online. Develops new programming and partnerships, in collaboration with faculty and staff in SEAS and across the University.
- Secures business and external funding toward the accomplishment of revenue goals, and with the Director of Operations of Professional Education, manages programmatic budget/financial activities for the Technology and Leadership Center.
- Provides strategic direction, creates and implements a successful business plan for SEAS professional development programs and non-credit training in collaboration with Associate Dean, Director of Operations, and other SEAS leadership, based on and School goals and objectives for corporate and government relations and outreach.
- Collaborates with ProEd and SEAS Marketing teams to develop and implement an integrated program development, marketing, and sales plan; engages in corporate, community, and media relations, promotion, and recruitment efforts.
- This position will directly supervise three employees responsible for promotion and implementation of training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree supplemented with at least five years of related experience in promotion and program management in professional, adult, and continuing education.
- Deep knowledge of trends in industry and government training/consulting needs and employee professional development/education
- Ability to facilitate collaborative group processes with professional people to propose and develop programs and services
- Knowledge of best practices in sales, marketing, and public relations
- Skilled at strategic and operational planning including resource identification
- Principle-centered leadership skills with ability to hire and mentor staff
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal/human relations skills
- Excellent organizational/analytical and time management skills
- Ability to contract, build relationships and oversee programs with internal and external partners including board management acumen
- Relationship-building skills and a strong, existing professional network in St. Louis
- Strong ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs and other applications
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate Center programming including noncredit training, consulting, and events
- Financial and business development skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes travel, and evening and weekend hours
- Ability to represent the School well to a variety of internal and stakeholder groups.
- Ability to demonstrate self-direction and motivation
Master’s or PhD in areas related to continuing or adult education, higher education management, marketing, or business administration.
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is for the Danforth Campus in the School of Engineering and Applied Science.
The hiring range for this position is $63,044 - $91,465 annually.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.